Enjoying holidays 'despite' being pregnant
A pregnancy always brings changes – physical and emotional. A holiday is the perfect time for dealing with this new stage of one’s life, to examine one’s wishes and views and to become aware of the new situation. Peace. Time for taking deep breaths. The power of nature. All this helps to support you during your pregnancy. By the way: Gentle sports have shown to be effective preparation for birth. Walks in the fresh air and swimming have always been recommended by gynaecologists and midwives.
A perfect hotel for pregnant women
If you come to Fiss, there is one thing you can be sure of: We take care of our guests. This maxim of the Hotel Laurentius does not only apply when it comes to the cleanliness of our rooms or the offer for parents and child, but in particular also when it comes to food. Our kitchen team knows what kind of food is best for pregnant women. We also know about food intolerances and allergies. Our chef is happy to take the time to consider your requests. You need not worry and can enjoy the Laurentius pamper board to the full.
Holidays during pregnancy? What to bring along?
For getting there:
- Please don’t travel on your own, but with a companion.
- The second trimester (week 14 to 27) is considered the best time for travelling.
- Listen to your body and question early your fitness for a journey.
- Consider before your departure what you might need. Sometimes trifles, like your favourite pillow or blanket, make all the difference for feeling at home.
- Be sure to get the ok from your gynaecologist
Important documents and other things:
- Generally it is recommended to avoid long journeys.
- Take breaks during your journey.
- If your journey takes longer, surgical stockings are very helpful.
- Use a trolley and avoid carrying suitcases.
- Please take care to have enough to drink with you.
- E-Card or insurance card
- Important phone number (e.g. gynaecologist) if it comes to the worst, to ensure swift communication
- Travel aid kit: Please consult your gynaecologist what you should bring along. Magnesium is recommended. It helps in case of muscle cramps and premature labour.
- Simply relax and unwind, we will look after you.
- We ourselves have children and we have cared for many pregnant women during their holidays.